Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Under Pressure (More on NPM)


I love movies with no heroes and no villains. Or at least where the heroes have flaws and the villains have reasonable motives. For the full version of the story I am referring to, see this article "How one developer just broke Node, ..."

My twitter feed took me to the account of Laurie Voss. He is the  co-founder of npmjs and made the call for un-un-publishing left-pad. His tweets are fun and interesting and humorous, even when trying to make a decision that will impassion people. He recognizes this and has promised a retrospective.



Azer is still the hero in my reading but this gives me an excuse to post Under Pressure by Queen. [Update: Here is is a proper retrospective  from NPM. For once I am glad I read the comments as some reflect my view and don't need to be restated.]


To my surprise, this video is perfect for an un-un-publish. Nice work Freddie.

-Ginny

PS> While there may be villains in this story, I prefer not to dish on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home