Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Barney Miller and My Childhood


I am waiting for the February 13, 2016 GOP Debate. I have not watched any other debates. However, in light of the passing of the Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia it felt important. I expect President Barack Obama to be the one selecting and appointing his replacement.

Barney Miller happened to be on. I have so many memories of watching Barney Miller. I had to be too young since it ran when I was 4 till 12 years old. The episode tonight, "The Child Stealers" Season 6, E15. was shockingly progressive. It was done in 1980 and talked about accepting homosexuals. Beyond that the characters, the writing, and the acting is amazing. I had crushes on, can I say, all of the characters:
  • Barney Miller - Smart, confident and seeing the big picture. Prefer people work out a better choice instead of an obvious one. 
  • Wojo - Cute in a nerdy way and honestly kind. 
  • Ron Glass - Handsome, suave and successful. Who does not love a man in an afro. 
  • Arthur Dietrich - A Brilliant dry humor and unflappable. Oh and a cheeky smile
  • Fish - Hubba Hubba 
Seeing the show 30 years later makes me realize how it has influenced my values and humor. Oddly my most salient memory was that lie detectors are liars

Ok, Threes Company just started. Another childhood mainstay. Must be time to switch over to the GOP Debate. [Insert witty joke here] 

Cheers! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home