Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Teşekkür ederim anlayışın ve desteğin için


I do not know Azer Koçulu but I hope I will get to meet him one day. If you don't have Node friends on twitter, you might have missed what Azer Koçulu did. I recommend reading it in his own words at this Medium article: I've Just Liberated My Modules

In case he removes that also, the net net is that he unpublished all his modules, including eleven lines of javascript called left-pad and broke thousands of projects that had dependencies on it. He was not being mean. He was taking a stand.

If you hang around playgrounds, you will hear "Don't touch that. You don't know where it has been." When I type import or require, I take a deep breath and wonder how much other code I am getting. Now I will have both that dread, and a little more gratitude to developers like Azer.

Left-pad was fetched over 2 million times in the last month. It seems very appropriate to listen to Anna Kendrick's Cups -



Thank you for your understanding and support,
Ginny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home