Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Monday, November 28, 2005

Beloved by Toni Morrison

After a recent conversation with my "Mocha Mom" friends, I am reading Toni Morrison's book "Beloved". I have enjoyed it much more then I expected I would after reading some of the reviews. Besides the obvious repulsion at what a person, a country, a race could do during slavery, it had touched me in many other ways. I am glad I am reading this as a mother. I do not think it could have touched me so if I was not. I am also glad I can read it through the eyes of my african american son. It frightens me to consider what he will have to go through because of the color of his skin and the color of ours. It makes me cling much more to the beautiful miracle of his birth and adoption into our family.

G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home