Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Friday, November 11, 2005

The difference between men and women

I have recently been interviewing for a few positions in my area. One very interesting "trend" (or maybe not a trend but hey) is that very smart, accomplished college women will reference their boyfriends as they talk about their experience. It doesn't bother me, however I would council them to just take credit for what you are doing even if it is something your boyfriend got you interested in. Everyone is recruited by someone. I bet even Linus traveled had someone get him into operating systems. I shake off these references to boyfriends but I wonder what other interviewers think when they hear that.

I will not have to watch how often I qualify my beliefs or knowledge by referencing my husband or anyone else.

Have fun!
G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home