Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Monday, November 21, 2005

I won the huge genetic lottery and I get joy every day.

I like the quote. I feel bad for Penn Jullette that he doesn't " travel in circles where people say..." yet he knows enough about what they say and who they are that he can comment on it. Seems very odd to me. My guess is that he gets these impressions from movies, tv evangelists, or other non genuine sources. I do believe in God and I do believe in my own fallibility. This means I too am always eager to learn, examine my beliefs along side the beliefs of others and I know for sure there is a lot of truth outside myself.

That said, I love the quote "I won the huge genetic lottery and I get joy every day. " I too feel so blessed by my family. The real joy is that in my familyt there is no genetics involved. One day we were visiting my parents at the beach. I was out on the porch with my step-father, Jon, and my two wonderful sons Matthew and Jonathan. My husband later pointed out that amongst the four of us there was no common blood. Matthew is my husbands son from a previous marriage and we adopted Jonathan in 2003. Yet we had all won the lottery when it came to family. We were taking advantage of the joy that comes from the unconditional love and long term commitment families provide.

Joy out!
G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home