Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Be a better Python Developer


I've been desiring to be a python developer for almost a year now. I've taken some classes, I've joined Code for America, I've attended some python user groups. However pyLadies in RTP solidified my resolve. Well that and my snarky co-worker's question "What is the point of pyLadies?" My answer was to become better python programmers. Thinking the conversation was over.

However, now at every opportunity he asks me "so are you a better python developer". Since "No, can I smack you" is not generally accepted in my office, I am going to just have to become a better python developer so I can ask back "Why yes, yes I am"

Here is the plan. I know it is safe to put them on this blog, since I've learned I can make lists here and ignore them for years:
  • Get a working environment on my Chromebook 
  • Build a "Hello World" application
  • Deploy a "Hello World" application 
  • Pick a real world application I need 
While I want to be a better python developer, what I really want to be is a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

first.py has successfully run on my little old Chromebook. One baby step.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home