Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Friday, October 04, 2013

Hipsters, Wild Ducks and Smart Code



"Throughout my career in software industry, I got to see ideas that seemed clever at the time turn out not as clever in hindsight." - Dejan Glozic 
Reference: http://dejanglozic.com/2013/10/01/dumb-code-good-smart-code-bad/

I have the best job in the world.  I get to work with brilliant people, at their most focused and on a good day make a lot of people happy.   However, one unfortunately side effect is seeing people at their most 'clever'.  

Dejan Glozic, who happens to be one of those brilliant people, wrote down 6 common traps software engineers get themselves into as they write code.  It is well worth the read.

Note: All views expressed here are my own and no reflection of my employer. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home