Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Are my political roots showing?

SCOTUS has made this an especially'fun' week .  Throw in Moral Mondays in North Carolina and a Texas legislation voting on abortion restrictions, and we it might as well as be a party!

Voting Rights Act :   Who has not changed since 1965?   Come on Congress, put in some metrics so you know the potential hot spots. 

Texas Abortion Bill : Seems like Texas bill reaches Bill Clinton's goal of "Abortion should not only be safe and legal, it should be rare".   I believe killing is wrong, full clothe, if it is a prisoner or a baby or people in war torn countries.   I am not naive enough to believe it is always wrong, I am just naive enough to believe we need a lot less of them (prisoners, abortions, wars).

Proposition 8 and DOMA :I did not expect this and once again remember why I am smitten by Chief Justice Roberts.   I can certainly think of better ways we can invest in and defend marriages then telling others they can't.   

Now for a little Tom Waits (note: this song is not kid or politically safe.)  

(Update: I added the video above because the Muppet link below is not showing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home