Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Monday, May 20, 2013

Tacking into the Love of the Work


 

This weekend a friend posted this article: How to Be a ‘Woman Programmer'
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/opinion/sunday/how-to-be-a-woman-programmer.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

As I've posted before, I believe IT is a great career for women but there are definitely an elitist aspect that can mingle with sexism. 

More importantly in the IT industry you get to work with brilliant people that wear their passion for technology on their sleeves.   I am missing one of my colleagues, today, John Camelon, and his passion for software engineering and software engineers.   John built trust and confidence in those he worked with.   His team also produced good code.  

"What will save you is tacking into the love of the work, into the desire that brought you there in the first place. This creates a suspension of time, opens a spacious room of your own in which you can walk around and consider your response." - From How to Be a ‘Woman Programmer'

And yes John I am "time traveling to 2pm" in my email today!!
Ginny 

2 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger john camelon said...

At IBM it is very hard to not check email in the morning. I understand.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Going on 2 years! Still learning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home