Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Productivity and The Myth of Faster

I work with a lot of very smart people.   I also work with a lot of very fun people.   And there are even a few that are both.   John Camelon is one. 

He replies to many of my instant messages, especially those that are after normal business hours,  with "Ginny this is a NOW Business."  This is a good reminder of keeping both the short term need and the long term goals in mind.  (or at least that is how I choose to interpret it.  Who knows, maybe that is Canadian for "Leave me alone please")

This article reminds me of some of the work habits that make John productive and effective.  
SXSW: Here's Why You're Not Productive

  1. "What are three things you could do in a single day that would make you feel awesome?"  
  2. "Email in the morning is how to time-travel to 2pm"
  3. "... ask yourself: What is it that I do again?"  (or aspire to do)  And by the way, if the answer is email or instant message, you might be getting it wrong.
I am particularly poor at setting aside the time.   I am optimistic and curious by nature.  Both of these lead to too little time and too many rabbit holes.

-G




1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger john camelon said...

I am honoured to be mentioned in your blog!

I try and timebox e-mail to 30 minutes in the morning and 15 in the afternoon. Sometimes I am even successful at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home