Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Congratulations PyData Triangle!

TL;DR: Sign up for the 1Q2017 PyData Triangle Meetup on February 1, 2017 at Maxpoint

What happens when you are celebrating the success of PyData Carolina conference over a drink with Eric Dill of Maxpoint? Apparently you end up starting a new organization: PyData Triangle.

Our first meeting is done and a wild success by all standards: two great speakers, 39 attendees and lots of yummy pizza.

  • Peter Parente gave a State of the Union of the Jupyter EcoSystem (The state of the union is good) 
  • Francois Dion talked about detecting Anomalies using scikit-learn. Props to Dion for using both a Matrix and Numbers pop reference  
The 'after party' at Lonerider was great too. The conversation was about RFIDs and longitudinal data, Dask and other great topics. A small group and lots of fun.

I will humbly say I did not get as much out of it as I could. But it did convince me I need to start bringing my 'A' game to keep up with the terms, trends and topics in the world of Data Science ... oh wait ... or is it Data Analytics. Still not sure.

I have the same take away from PyLadies, from PyData Carolina and now again, I need to learn and use Jupyter notebooks. I also realize that this space is interesting and useful. I am excited to dive in more.

Oh, what kind of music goes with a party like PyData Triangle  (I totally stole this)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home