Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Monday, June 06, 2011

Throw half away (3/25)

At one point I was trying to figure out ways to throw money at my weight. Not ready to go to a fat camp or hire a private chef, I did come up with a few ideas.

One being to get rid of half a "treat" item before you take the first bite. The theory is four fold:
1. The first bit is the best. By half you are just eating out of habit and not even tasting it any more.
2. Items suddenly cost more. A vending machine candy bar is no longer 85 cents by instead $1.70. Some times that is a deterrent.
3. It makes the whole treat experience more thoughtful. There is a conscious act happening and fends off mindless eating.
4. And of course, it cuts the calories and sugar in half. A Twix bar goes from 250 cal to 125. If I got one a week for a year that is almost 2 pounds (125 * 52 /3700)

This habit mostly applies to any time (which is rare) that I hit the work vending machines. But I also practice it when out with Jonathan by giving him extra bits or the rest of whatever I get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home