Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Saturday, November 08, 2008

First Black President - take two

Back in March 2006 I predicted, ok, I hoped for this day. I am glad to give up my mom and grandfather's dream that Jonathan would be the first black president. Congratulations to Barak Obama.
For me I am also happy that Barak Obama is the 44th president with a white mom. It gives me courage that I can raise my baby. Satistics be damned. Odd questions from kids be damned. My fears be damned. I am Jonathan's mommy and I will be there to help him through all the struggles he will face because and despite of it.

-Ginny

[update: I worried after posting that it could be read that Obama's success was because his mom was white. Actually I was trying to imply the opposite, that my color is a burden on Jonathan. Reading "Dreams from my Father" helped me understand that burden and now this election helped me understand the potential. ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home