Push Play - Ginny Ghezzo

Ginny Ghezzo's Personal Blog ... testing 1, 2, 3

Monday, March 13, 2006

First Black President

My family adores my son Jonathan. There is no question he is viewed as a jewel in my mother's crown of 18 grandchildren. As the youngest (potentially for good), he has a special place. My grandfather, even though he has yet to meet Jonathan, feels a great sense of pride on how loving his family is.

That said, I am always struck when they (both my mom and grandfather) dream of Jonathan being the first black president of the united states. They do it in pride (he is a bright little boy) but my comeback is "Boy I sure hope we don't have to wait 35 more years for a black president!". I hope Jonathan gets to settle for the second or third, or maybe he will just settle for the first black Ghezzo. Not a bad first in my book. Hopefully the first of many.

G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home